World University of Bangladesh
June 17, 2017
Job Description / Responsibility
1. To take responsibility for the development and delivery of learning, teaching materials and assessment. This can include substantial responsibility for the design, enhancement and organization of teaching and learning, for curriculum development, or for the student experience more broadly.
2. To demonstrate innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
3. To ensure that the teaching for which you are responsible is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
4. To ensure that students have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance and advice and by enhancing their employability.
5. To reflect critically on the teaching for which you are responsible, implementing improvements, disseminating good practice effectively to others, contributing to quality monitoring and enhancement and to professional accreditation processes as appropriate.
6. To undertake applied research through, as appropriate:
A. Contributing actively to applied research groups or communities of practice internally and/or externally.
B. Making a substantial contribution to delivery of externally-funded projects or contracts.
C. Disseminating research outputs using a range of media. For example: academic publications, external reports, conference presentations, short courses for knowledge transfer, exhibitions, performances.
D. Developing external networks nationally and/or internationally.
E. Supervising research students.
7. To undertake work with a range of external partners and professional bodies/agencies in the home and overseas.
8. To corroborate linkage with industry and practitioners in the field of discipline.
9. To contribute to the promotion and external profile of the University and adopt a customer/client-focused approach where appropriate.
10. To work effectively as a team member, chairing committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
11. To undertake professional development in support of teaching and applied research, and if appropriate in support of student welfare and curriculum management.
* Must have a research degree such as PhD, DBA or a minimum M. Phil or MRES degree.
*Must have 07 years teaching experience or 17 years for candidates with no PhD / DBA.
Number of Publication(s) Needed
At least 7 year(s)
A. To maintain academic discipline, Performance monitoring of junior teachers, Maintain students records in the University management system, Member as a thesis defense panel and thesis supervision committee.
B. Prepares and modifies the course syllabus and course outlines.
C. Conducts research in different areas and publishes findings in scholarly journals.
D. Performs academic administration & other activities as required (exam proctoring, viva conducting, registration duty etc.)
E. Meet with and reports the activities to the Vice - Chancellor/President of the University/top Management.
F. Assesses students which include setting and marking assignments, class tests and term papers/project works.
G. Undertake any other duties as determined by the University of Management and the Vice Chancellor.
• World University of Bangladesh offers attractive compensation package including two festival bonuses (each equal to basic salary),
• Contributory P.F, gratuity, leave encashment and other fringe benefits based on eligibility.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting